Recommended Types of Roofing Used in the Wichita, KS Metro Area
S&A Roofing offers and installs a variety of different types of shingles in the Wichita, Kansas metro and surrounding communities such as Hutchinson, Newton, McPherson, and Derby.
Our experts can help you pick a roof that matches your style, budget and home. If your home is in need of a new roof, please (316) 665-8482 today.
Common Types of Residential Roofing
- 3-Tab Shingle – Fiberglass 3-tab asphalt shingles are an economical roof replacement choice. Most brands offer a 25-year limited warranty and a limited selection of colors to match most homes styles. 3-tab shingles are rated for winds up to 60 mph and have a Class A fire rating.
- Composition Shingle – Composition shingles are a combination of asphalt and fiberglass to produce a thicker, heavier shingle than a fiberglass 3-tab shingle. Most manufacturers offer a limited-lifetime warranty and boast a wind rating of 130 mph and a Class A fire rating. Combine these benefits with a variety of color options, and it is easy to understand why composition shingles are the most popular type of residential shingle.
- Class IV Shingle – These impact resistant shingles are a smart choice for Kansas weather as they meet UL 2218 Class 4 impact testing, making a roof less susceptible to damage from hail. In addition to a wind rating of 130 mph and a limited lifetime warranty, some insurance companies offer a premium discount for Class IV roofing systems.
- Designer or Specialty Shingle – If your Home Owner’s Association (HOA) requires a designer or specialty shingle S&A can help. The cut and texture of a designer shingles create a unique and individual look to your home. Designer shingles are commonly rated with a 130 mph wind rating and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Modified Bitumen – Modified Bitumen roofing shingles are ideal for low slope roof surfaces to provide a water-tight seal. Homeowners can choose between hot asphalt or self-adhesive shingle types.
We offer name brands such as Owens Corning, Certainteed, GAF, Mulehide as well as many other roofing brands.
In the Wichita, KS area? Call for more information.
If a replacement roof is in your home’s future, please click for a free estimate or call your “One Call, One Contractor, from beginning to end” at (316) 665-8482 today.